About This Course
Learn and apply a range of strategic analysis, performance management and business analysis techniques within a defined framework.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Facilitate how a business strategy is developed and use strategic analysis techniques
- Guide the need for project discipline and deliverables from business analysis studies
- Drive an approach and use techniques to investigate and improve business systems
- Perform stakeholder management and apply stakeholder analysis techniques
- Apply techniques for the analysis and modelling of business activities and systems
- Identify and formulate business recommendations for organisational improvement
- Draft a rigorous business case, identifying costs, benefits, impacts and risks
What You Will Learn
A holistic approach to the investigation and improvement of business situations with a view to developing effective, feasible business solutions.
Life-cycle and framework for business analysis activities
Project approach for business analysis and change delivery
Identifying, analysing and defining stakeholder perspectives
Evaluation of business solutions and IT/IS requirements
Frameworks to understand and analyse the strategic context
Investigation techniques to determine the business situation
Approaches to analyse and model business activities
Structure, contents and life-cycle of a business case
Don't Just Take Our Word For It
This course has helped me to provide more clarity in my requirements, and critically appraise deliverables.Tiwonge Mkandawire, Project Development Specialist
This is a hugely relevant course that will benefit you, especially if you want to practically apply BA concepts to your work.Nathan Solomons, BI Business Analyst
Course Structure And Timings
Strategic Business Analysis takes place over three days, and runs from 08:30 am until 16:30 pm each day, with the examination held on the morning of day 4. Refreshments and lunch are provided throughout the course.
- Business analysis rationale
- Strategic analysis in context
- A project approach to business analysis
- Understanding the situation/issues
- Business perspectives
- Analysing and modelling the business activities
- Identifying potential solutions
- Making the business case
- Open Revision and Q&A
- Examination (One Hour Multiple Choice)
30 Oct - 2 Nov 2017 Cape Town
Get up on essential skills to analyse and improve business situations
Training facilitated by South Africa's foremost business analysis professionals
Knowledge module in the BCMG Certificate Programme In Business Analysis
IIBA® endorsed education provider and endorsed business analysis course
Earn 21 Professional Development Hours / Continuing Development Units
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this course for me?
This course is particularly relevant to those in a business project role such as business analysts, systems analysts, business managers and their staff, change managers and project managers.
What materials are provided?
A comprehensive manual, containing detailed information about business analysis techniques, and providing references for further reading, is provided to each delegate who attends this course.
Is this course accredited?
This course is endorsed by the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA®), and is aligned with version 3.0 of A Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® (BABOK® Guide™).
How is the course delivered?
This course is facilitated by industry experts who bring their substantial experience of business analysis and application of business analysis techniques to the programme, to ensure work-place relevant skills.
How is my learning assessed?
This course thoroughly prepares participants for the Strategic Business Analysis examination, which is an open-book scenario based examination testing the participant’s knowledge of the course syllabus.
What recognition will I achieve?
The Strategic Business Analysis course is a mandatory core module in the BCMG Certificate Programme in Business Analysis, earning 21 Professional Development hours (PD hours).